Monday, December 03, 2012

Just Red

I recall a time ago, Red invited her readers to submit photos they had taken of things Red. While I would have liked to participate, I have very few red photos. However, there is some red about the apartment.

 Yes, we have a number of red vases.

Table runner, apples and tomatoes.

One of my second favourite pieces of glass, not that we have much.

Bright red cushion on a dull colour.

Slightly faded tea towel.

R has a red fitted sheet.

Trivet.

Red gerbera, fake of course, and Buddha has some red in his rainbow chains.

Table protector.

A red mop bucket to catch the drips falling at a rapid rate from the new air conditioner, a tale yet to be told.

My favourite piece of glass is half red.

Red sands hold the candle steady.

The old red torch, along side the new wind up torch.

Red christmas wrapping paper from last year, ready to be used for this year.

Red crate which used to hold Little Jo's toys, until the number of toys exceeded the size of the box.

Last but not least, Little Jo's spare coat in the spare room wardrobe, although I doubt it would fit her now.

20 comments:

  1. 'Very few' RED photos? Looks like you've got WAAAAAAAY more RED inside your home than I do! Apart from our carpet, the style of which is best described as 'pub'!!! Oh, and my hair ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Red, I purposely took these ones. A little red brightens our day, as I am sure you do.

      Delete
  2. Red is quite a demanding, imposing colour so I suppose it has to be used rather sparingly.

    However I offer my husband, son and grandson - all bright red heads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hels, I don't mind red hair at all, although many seem to. With my Scottish heritage, I could hardly dislike red hair. My ABI Brother had bright red hair until his teen years and it darkened then.

      Delete
  3. You have some beautiful glass pieces and of course I love the big Buddha guy. I was out looking for a red blouse today. Does that count? I always decorate in brown tones and don't even have one thing that is red - house wise. Still, I love red shirts and red shoes. go figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rubye, in Australia we have a rather coarse name for red shoes, but I like them on women too. Red is really an accessory colour, and what works better than black and red.

      Delete
  4. Oh! I remember this invitation. I went around photographing red things, then forgot all about it.
    I'll have to see if I can find the red photos.
    I LOVE your favourite piece of glass, but not your second favourite.
    You have many more red things than I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, I was a bit surprised how much red we have around. I took one lot of photos and then found more red, and took more and then found even more red.

      Delete
  5. You actually have a huge and eclectic collection of red things. I am not sure I could rustle up such variety at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KN, because Litte Jo visited yesterday and wanted to put of the christmas tree, to early in my opinion, we now have red tinsel too.

      Delete
  6. love the glass art HR, and having just endured a 12-hour power fail, I am glad you have a wind up torch. X X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From the storm the other night Ann? I was thinking of you. Did I read things are a bit of a mess?

      Delete
  7. The only red you don't appear to have is 'Big Red' (Eileen Bond).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seem so insignificant now Victor, but they were so larger than life.

      Delete
  8. Love red and realise that our last two houses have had red as the bold colour surrounded by black, wood and white.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good colours Kath. One day you will be able to choose your own colours again.

      Delete
  9. Nice series of rouge images Andrew, looking around I seem to have. Fair bit myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colour of the 'le revolution' Grace?

      Delete
  10. Love those glass whatsits. I'm partial to a bit of glass myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fen, I think it must be time for us to buy another piece.

      Delete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.