Friday, November 30, 2012

Hulot Friday

One of Jacques Tati's lesser known movies is Traffic. I have not seen it. Here is a clip, and I have another to show you in the future. Of course you can go through the dross of You Tube and find them all yourselves, but I select the creme de la creme for your delectation. I am unsure which my favourite is in this clip, probably the old bloke in the Deux Chevaux. Two horses? Must mean 2 horse power engine.



Sorry, you demanded, well no you didn't really, to see the one I mentioned last week, the flat tyre scene. Maybe this arvo.

8 comments:

  1. At least the traffic was moving unlike the freeway car parks here in Melbourne in the peak period.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know Windsmoke, it did not look to be moving very fast. I can attest to Paris getting very clogged traffic now. We missed buying duty free and only just made the Eurostar back to London.

      Delete
  2. LOL, Andrew, I can't wait to see if anything tops this. Sheer genius. Pets are like their owners and so too are windscreen wipers?
    My car's wipers rarely function well before midday. They have only one setting: as fast as necessary to get the job done but no more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clever analogy FC. Mine are just erratic.

      Delete
  3. My delectation is most happy with your selection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pleased for you delectation Rubye.

      Delete
  4. Rubye Jack got in before moi, which is hardly surprising seeing as it's over a week ago you posted this little gem, really did laugh out loud, j'adore le French sense of humour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty clever work, wasn't it Grace.

      Delete