Friday, November 09, 2012

Australia's got talent

I normally give you a short and pithy You Tube video on Fridays. I know some of you have a similar attention span to my own. But not today. It is ten minutes long and you will just have to trust me that it is worth your while. Tim Minchin is very clever. This was recently broadcast on our ABC's most brilliant Science Show and moi, who has a very short attention span and low boredom threshold, had to listen to it a second time, just to make sure it is as clever as I first thought. Of course what Tim says rather matches my beliefs. I have no truck with supernatural nonsense, nor homoeopathy. I do confess to not walking under ladders, as I don't want anything dropped on me. I suggest the belief should be updated to protective scaffold, as twice I have had stuff fall on me, once in Bentleigh and once in Prahran.

Be warned, there is a little swearing in this, but compared to some of Minchin's output, it is not too bad.


6 comments:

  1. Hi Andrew

    You may know of The Guardian's science reporter Ben Goldacre and his website www.badscience.net and his ongoing battle against homeopathy in Britain, (difficult because the Royals are all devotees). But, did you also know that Ben is the nephew of our very own Science Show presenter Robin Williams?

    There you go.

    xxx

    Pants

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pants, thanks for your comment, a sole comment about a very clever bloke. I've not heard of him, but I am aware of badscience, just not who was behind it, and it is Robin's nephew! When I first heard of homoeopathy, I gave it some credit, like immunising you with small doses of what you need to be immunised against, but diluted to such a degree, it cannot work. It is a load of shite and up there with the anti fluoride and anti vaccination wankers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:56 pm

    I'd seen Storm before but thanks for reminding me of it. It's very good! I really like Tim Minchin. Would love to see him live. V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Fen has seen him V. Ever so clever.

      Delete
  4. Tim Minchin is fabulous, so very clever with words, thanks Andrew even though it's after midnight I thoroughly enjoyed that whilst drinking a cuppa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A cuppa Grace? After midnight? Glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete