Friday, October 05, 2012

Wobbies World

The very last building remaining building at Wobbies World is to be demolished. The remaining building amid a plant nursery is slightly castle looking. Wobbies World was a cheap, yet overpriced young children's attraction. Of course such a place is far below the dignity of Highriser, yet hard copy photographic evidence proves otherwise.  I suppose we took the now 24 year old Non Dreaded Newphew there was he was a kiddie. Perhaps we kiddies went there when my siblings were reasonably young. I can't remember. R was with us, so I clearly was not a teenager. You know what though, we had fun.

Wobbies World's demise was sad to me yet it became a very sad place. I guess Wikipedia nails it. The park was quite small in area and mainly targeted at the simple expectations of young children. You can read that as pathetic.

It is now to be the location of the new Forest Hills police station.

One of our television shows had a few cracks most cruelly at the Wobbies World. The thing is though, the parody is not so different to the real television ads or the real experience. I shall save my memories of the similar Carribean Gardens children's attractions for another day.








8 comments:

  1. That's so sad. Especially the water slide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rubye, sad, sad and very sad.

      Delete
  2. Hello Andrew:
    These really have made us laugh but, as Rubye Jack says, it is really rather sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JayLa, yet at the time I never picked up how pathetic it was.

      Delete
  3. Thank You. Another missed opportunity crossed off my bucket list. [The clips are hilarious].

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The young FC would have loved it.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous7:00 pm

    Now you've taken me back. If memory serves, it was on a busy road in Nunawading, just down from Channel 10 studios (was it still Channel 0 then?) I seem to recall a helicopter out front. We had fun there! V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Springvale Road apparently V. Yes, there was a helicopter. The place was fun for the innocent and non jaded youth.

      Delete