Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sunday Selections

River always does a Sunday Selections, each time using a few photos she has taken and never published online. Here are some random photos of mine taken over the last couple of weeks.

Oh dear. A crash. The van turned in front of the tram, but by alacrity with which the other driver got out and rushed to give his details to the van in the collision, I expect the car may have had a green arrow to turn and  tram was at fault.

The fire looked to be close by, but it turned out to be a pile of burning mattresses in the outer suburb of Knox.

I am one of those anti Halloween types, but still, this is quite a display in Toorak Road West, I assume for Halloween.

Must put spectacles on when snapping, as I nearly didn't catch the lass sitting in the window having her lunch.

I saved this photo of Melbourne's Marathon to use, but then forgot about it.

The quite lovely Windsor Railway Station. While I approve of infrastructure, unfortunately a piece of infrastructure was in the way of the lens.

11 comments:

  1. After a second look at your last photo I realised that ugly white block of flats was not the infrastructure you were talking about. [Nothing worse than leaving 2 square inches of land undeveloped, what!]

    Living above a shop on a busy street has always seemed an attractive idea to me. People watching and a place to catch some sun! But you manage to do a fair amount of watching yourself, Andrew, despite your location above sea level.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do people watch from up here FC, but the detail is not visible. I would not want to be any higher.

      Delete
    2. I do people watch from up here FC, but the detail is not visible. I would not want to be any higher.

      Delete
  2. I love the purple people eaters! Any bug that big has to be a people eater!
    Now about the infrastructure, if you climbed up on it, you'd get a lovely clear photo.....

    (I'm kidding, please don't try it)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, I often follow up on what is suggested in comments, but no, I shan't.

      Th detail of bugs with cobwebs was so good.

      Delete
  3. Windsor Railway Station really IS lovely. Sadly I am always rushing past, either by train or by car, and never stop to have a good look. Goodonya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of our nicest stations Hels. One day, just get off at the station and have a look around.

      Delete
  4. I like the purple monsters too. I've seen 2 car accidents in 4 days. All due to stupidity and people being impatient. The mad time of year is almost upon us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fen, I feel a build of road stupidity post coming soon. Trouble is, it will be too long to read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I thought it was more exciting getting out of the house!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red, balloons, bugs and birds, crashes and cruise liners, bois and buoys, buildings and burnings, there is always something to see from the Highriser balcony, be it with your early morning cup of Cafe de Nescafe or evening glass of Château de Cardboard.

      Delete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.