Friday, October 19, 2012

Bush Bashing

This is an American election free zone, so I am referring to forests, often called bush in Australia or used by politicians to describe a certain voting demographic eg This policy will go down well with the bush.

To be bushed can be to be lost,
or confused,
or tired.

Go bush, and you disappear into the countryside. It is a very useful word.

You can also go bush bashing in your bush basher. A bush basher is an old car or motorised vehicle whose appearance you don't care about and you drive into the bush, usually along old logging tracks or fire tracks. These are inclined to get overgrown at times and so you will flatten the vegetation as you go, hence you are bashing the bush.

Now, I seem to be posting quite a number of staged You Tube clips and  maybe I have done it again this time. Never mind, observe the bush bashing train, possibly in Georgia or South Carolina, or it could be near Napoleon in Ohio, or even near Tunbridge Wells in England. I suspect all are just guesses. Turn your sound on, as the music quite suits.




13 comments:

  1. Presumably this did not happen in Australia. This trip would have broken about 9 thousand by-laws.

    It would make a great whipper-snipper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep FC. The greenery looks quite European or Great British. Run the vehicle a few times and it would have whipper-snippered quite well.

      Delete
  2. God bless the pioneering spirit.
    btw, where do you find these things Andrew? :0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rubye, once you start looking at matters transport, you keep getting suggested vids to watch. I click on what I see and looks interesting. I suppose that is where it came from.

      Delete
  3. I'd say after working on the railways for 36 years if a track like that was in Australia it would definitely be black banned by every union under the sun until it was cleaned up or rebuilt from the ballast up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Windsmoke, so you must be at least 55 years old. I think this is another video created for effect but quite well done. There are many 'World's worst railway' videos on YT. Some are really scary, especially in first world countries.

      Delete
  4. When I was a wee young thing, I was invited to go along on what they called a bush bashing trip with a few others, but I'd heard about the antics of this crowd (serious beer drinking was always involved), so I declined. I've never been on a genuine bush bash, but I can imagine it might be fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, a sure way for a lass to lose her virginity, I should think. Best avoided.

      Delete
  5. I thought bushwhacking was spending quality time in the Bush.

    Apparently it now means something else altogether. Something more to do with Brazilians and pudenda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Hels, that is very good.

      Is bushwhacking a verb at all?

      Delete
  6. In Africa we used to call it 'bunds bashing' same thing.. Meanwhile I'm bushed!,

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's supposed to be 'bundu bashing' damned spell check thingy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kind of a long grass is it Grace?

      Delete