Sunday, October 21, 2012

Anti American Middle East

Perhaps this graph I found at The Hoopla explains why around the world there are strong anti American sentiments. It would certainly explain why so many people aspire to live in the US. But for the many, it would be disappointing experience.

The wealth of the United States is very unevenly distributed and it is quite disturbing that there is such a huge number of poor and underprivileged who don't even get the proper health care that the citizens of many less wealthy countries receive.

Slowly slowly, Australia is drifting to the way of the United States, and it is not good. The Abbott, who may become Prime Minister and who stands up for big business, excessive private profit and the trickle down wealth theory, will only hasten the process. God save us.

10 comments:

  1. I wouldn't have predicted France to be third on the list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either Victor, ahead of the UK. Japan at such a high level is surprising too.

      Delete
  2. I wouldn't be relying on God for this one. We need to save ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, you can be sure I don't trust god to save us.

      Delete
  3. The future certainly does look bleak in this world gone mad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rubye, I wonder how mad though. Perhaps it is because so much information is available to us, and the rapid fire media reporting gets to us.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous1:47 pm

    God doesn't vote, people do. If Abbot and his ilk get in, the voters of Australia will only have themselves to blame. V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But, but, but V, it will be less than half who vote for him. I am not so sure this democracy business is such a good idea.

      Delete
  5. Indeed! It's why we all have to make good use of our vote..let's all pray now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've started to educate the masses already Grace. I save the world, one blog post at a time.

      Delete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.