Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Zoo Shop

Little Jo is very much into play acting. She makes up small performances with various roles for people. I am not always happy in the role I am cast in. For her recent birthday, can you believe she has turned five? we bought her a small tent with a tunnel to crawl through to get inside. Yours truly may well be on a Bone Doctor filmed video and looking rather inelegant as I crawled through the tunnel. Well, the tunnel was inclined to come with me and I had to pull it down like a tight skirt. I did so with the full knowledge that once inside, I could just lift the tent off and I would be out.

To prevent any future shenanigans and stealing of limelight by Aunty Andrew, Little Jo turned the tent into a Chinese restaurant. Apparently I do not look Chinese, and so I was not welcome at the Chinese Shop. It must be a local Chinese shop for local Chinese people.



'Little Jo, you always give me boring parts in your productions and R always gets a starring role.'
'Andrew, that is because you are always sitting at the computer and you are boring.'
'Your mother said I wasn't boring when I pushed the Humpty Dumpty easter egg off the bench and said Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall. Humpty Dumpty had a great fall. I distinctly recall your mother saying, 'See Little Jo, Andrew is not so boring. He can be funny if he tries'. Please child, it could have marked the carpet when it broke. I did it at great risk.'


I was not involved in the Zoo Show. I did hear a lot of animal like noises, but I was busy at the computer.

Seriously though, R puts so much energy into entertaining and amusing Little Jo, I am happy to take a back seat. Three's a crowd and someone has to make the popcorn.





12 comments:

  1. Does Bone Doctor approve of popcorn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I approve of popcorn. I remember buying tents for my kids when they were little, more recently I bought one for my grandson as a Christmas gift. It turned out to be larger than the one his parents had bought him, (which I hadn't known about), so he generously gave the smaller tent to the littlest grand daughter. They had a sleepout that night, but very close to the back door in case they got scared and wanted to come back inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Victor, it is the wrath of Sister I worry about more so far as junk food goes than BD. I haven't mentioned the fat levels.

    River, maybe normal popcorn is ok, but microwave popcorn has absolutely lethal levels of fats in it. It must only be a very occasional treat. Kids seem to just love tents. Little Jo has slept in an adult sized one in the back yard in summer. She left the tent we gave her here, so maybe the dining chairs won't have to pulled out and a sheet spread over them anymore. Bit funny you trumping your children with tent size.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like little Jo has a great imagination and enjoys playing rather than watching tele or computers. That is a good sign for a healthy future even with popcorn occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diane she does like the tv, but she is pretty limited as to when she can watch it and never commercial tv. She doesn't seem to have an interest in tech stuff, except when she can watch BBC Ceebies online. Of course she gets away with a lot when she is with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stay at your computer, Andrew. After another ten years of smiling at stories of little Jo, we'll no doubt learn she has wrought some high achieving miracle - of her own choosing, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not sure about that FC. There is a fragility about her that worries me a little. In ten years time she won't want anything to do with the gay uncles. In twenty years time, she will find us as a convenient place to stay during a city visit, should we last that long. What I look forward to is that she is just like Sister, only smarter. With glee I will watch Sister try and handle her in her teen years. The tears and the tantrums will be to behold, and that is just Sister.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If she's never allowed commercial TV is sounds like a good upbringing.
    Visiting people can be a convenience, you'd do it yourself, her real judgement will be made when you're gone, my guess is you'll be remembered with affection.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No doubt she will want to see commercial tv once she starts school, but so far so good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. League of Gentlemen?

    ReplyDelete