Sunday, June 03, 2012

V Line Responds

Remember when I missed the V Line train at Melton Station because I was on the wrong platform? I received a reply to my complaint. It was not satisfactory and I have no reason to think that it won't happen to another person who is unfamiliar with the station. I'm still waiting on my complaint to Metro about Richmond Station electronic displays.


On behalf of V/Line I am sorry for the protracted delay (very protracted, but at least they did) in getting back to you.
Your feedback was forwarded to the Area Services Manager in Ballarat for investigation.
I have since been advised that some trains to Melbourne depart from platform 2 (that is not what I was told by a station staff member and in a forum) so signage may be confusing as it would be hard to list all train services by platform (What signage? That was my point What I wanted was some indication that I needed to check). This station on the day you travelled may have been understaffed as it was only opened from 6am to 2pm on Saturday 21 April and closed Sunday 22 April (It was a weekday. I stated the date in the complaint) which was why there were no announcements. However, in the interim staff have been informed to ensure every train is announced. (In the interim? Before what?)
On behalf of V/Line I apologise for the inconvenience and frustration and experienced as a consequence of this event.
Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your feedback.

12 comments:

  1. Yes, I have been there. No clear signage at Castlemaine either... I thought it was me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine, all they really need to do is sow some doubt in your mind, so that you check.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would be funny if it wasn't so tragic. Careless with details, no genuine enquiry, rote phrases inserted into yet another letter responding to a complaint, an assumption that you are wrong or simply whingeing... and an expression of gratitude for your feedback.
    Could be from any Australian business or government department.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precisely what I expected FC, and I wasn't disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Empty reply, if it was a hard copy I'd suggest hanging it on a nail in the loo to find some use for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That reply sounds like a load of waffle to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a standard reply to a complaint which offers no real solution to the appalling situation :-).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jayne, along with the Pink Pages phone directory.

    River, it suppose to soothe an irate customer with lots of nice words. We are immune to such things now.

    River, as I said in the post at the time, I had time to wait but I would be damned annoyed if I was actually going somewhere important.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bloody hell, someone got paid to write that outstanding reply.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep Fen. It would be nice to have heard, 'we are doing something about it'.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maybe that's what 'in the interim' means??

    I suspect you got a cut & paste! Or someone wrote a blanket reply to everyone who complained because of the protracted delay ... Why not email them with a link to this post??!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you are right Red. A cut and paste with a couple of things changed.

    ReplyDelete