Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter Diary

Friday, worked. Stir fry for dinner.

Saturday, morning breakfast in Prahran, food shopping. Arvo, see movie The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel at Kino Cinema. Very pleasant albeit unsurprising movie. (And how will you celebrate your twenty fifth wedding anniversary? With a minutes silence.) Evening, dinner at Indian place in East Malvern with friends and then back to friend's place in Caulfield for coffee.

Sunday, take Mother for a drive. Steak and salad for dinner.

Monday, morning just chill. Go out for a walk to see tram works at ground level. Noon, hurricane Sister arrives. Take Little Jo to Science Works for the third time, while Sister is at the football, seeing her team beaten by two points. Dinner for Sister and Little Jo, pies from Erica bakery, chips, broccoli, carrots and peas. Science Works was packed with kiddies learnin' science. Took Sister's car with the child seat as public transport was just too disrupted. Sister departs in time for us to watch ABC news. Night, argue with R over our wills that are so out of date and need updating. No storming off to bed with door slamming.

Tuesday work while R luxuriates in  his own company.

Life is good.




16 comments:

  1. Hello Andrew:
    This does all sound to have been rather busy but, we trust, enjoyable.

    We cannot emphasise enough having one's affairs in order, the most important of which is an up to date will. Make an appointment with your solicitor today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like quite a rich and memorable, Easter, Andrew. Ah life, with all its ups and downs. What would we do without it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had to make my will 4 times, before and after divorce then to keep the greedy ex-daughter in law from getting her hands on anything and change executor. I'd made the will so that the girls wouldn't get anything until they turned 25 but suddenly at 18 and 19 it's not that far off and I'll be here to see that 25 tick over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life IS good Andrew I concur!! Also I thoroughly enjoyed The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, Judy Dench and Bill Nighy are top value (the others also)so very British what! what!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw sounds like an enjoyable Easter bit. I enjoyed reading about it.

    Fen

    ReplyDelete
  6. JayLa, I know it is important. More important is Mother's out of date will.

    Elisabeth, there was little time for some me time though.

    Grace, it was a bit schmaltsy, but just a nice movie to watch.

    Cheers Fen. I shouldn't complain considering how you spent easter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great weekend, and I am glad you allocated time to go to the pictures. This is important relaxing time in general, and for The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel in particular. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hels, it required a bit of an effort to see the movie, but I am glad we did. I love English/Indian movies and I think I have seen them all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your sister's team is always being beaten by that team by just two or so points.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet your glad that its all over and done with for another year. Christmas is next i believe :-).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah well Victor, she did enjoy the match.

    Windsmoke, you are scaring me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You need to update those wills and leave all your cash and assets to me.

    Just kidding!!

    I should probably make a will, but I don't really have anything...still, if it stops the kids from fighting over the dvd collection, I'll do it.

    I planned on seeing The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, but it means two bus trips, with the associated waiting around, then the movie, then the same waiting around and riding the buses home again.
    I've decided to wait for the dvd.

    ReplyDelete
  13. River, I have a rule about watching movies on dvd that I have missed at the cinema. I don't. Clearly I did not make the effort to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh and River, there was a time when we had wills where the State Trustees took a percentage of the estate. Nothing from nothing was not much, but it is now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We just made what is called a reciprocal will - even steven to each other and then on out to the girls - if we'd all been killed in a car crash it would have sure gotten interesting

    My sister's husband was killed 2009 - he wouldn't have a will. $5000 later the public trust settled with his wife and daughter something that cost me $200 at my solicitor... I wouldn't trust the Public Trust people to do anything

    hope its worked out for you both by now

    ReplyDelete
  16. Still pending MC, but thought through now. A friend has not long ago had a long battle with State Trustees, which is now a private company, but things were very complicated.

    ReplyDelete