Friday, April 20, 2012

Building a better mouse trap




We were lucky enough to get the game of Mouse Trap when we were kids. It is a pity this clever little clip is marred by swearing, but the chap certainly nails it when he asked who could be bothered playing the actual game. All we wanted to do was see the action. I don't think my brother and I ever played the game. At times the mechanism failed for us and I don't remember why. Maybe the surface wasn't level.



If you haven't wasted enough time yet, how about a life sized version?




3 comments:

  1. Monopoly and Mouse Trap were my all time favourite board games when i was growing up :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. We never had a Mouse Trap, but the tv ad was fascinating. Maybe the ad was about as good as it got.
    My oldest bro conned me into playing monopoly once when there was no one else around. I was very young, and he let me think I could roll two dice and maybe get a 1 and land on a safe square. He's been a con merchant ever since.
    Ludo, snakes and ladders, a chess set and a [500] deck of cards. All the good stuff was had by cousins.

    One game that fascinated me was a quiz type thing that had a little wizard who sat on a mirror and pointed to the answer. Does anyone out there know what I'm talking about? If so that would make one of us.

    Great post, Andrew :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Windsmoke, so you actually played the Mouse Trap game rather than playing with mechanics.

    FC, I think I have something as you describe. It works on magnets. I posted about it some time ago but I haven't a clue when or a label it might have to find it.

    ReplyDelete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.