Monday, January 09, 2012

A visit from Bro

I was at work when Tradie Brother rang. I don't answer the phone at work. I will call him back later. I am sure it is not urgent. Later when I checked my phone he had rang three times. It must have been urgent. It was. He wanted to call in and say hi. Eventually he called on the home phone and I answered. He was in Richmond having seen some soccer with his son, aka, Dreaded Nephew.

Dreaded Nephew alternates between living and tending his vegetables in the swamps of Langwarrin and his North Carlton garret. His dad had parked his car at the North Carlton garret and they had gone off to see the soccer. They then went to a pub in Richmond for some nosh and drinks and then came to the Highrise via a Dorcas Street bottleshop I had advised them about. Tradie Brother was most impressed with the low floor trams and their smoothness. Not my experience.

The four of us had a nice chat and a laugh, but I cut them short with telling them what time I had to get up to go to work. They left at a reasonable hour to go back to Dreaded Nephew's Carlton garret, but something got lost along the way as Dreaded Newphew posted on Faceboook the next day, The Old Man was kicked out of Exford Hotel.

Ah, that is a hotel I know. Clearly they did not go straight home from the Highrise to Dreaded Nephew's Carlton garret but stopped off in the city. I am just not going to ask why he was kicked out a city hotel.

11 comments:

  1. I wonder what could have happened. So many things of course. I hope he's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Exford was the venue for a gathering of bloggers a couple of years ago. Present were the Coppertopped One, my dear cuz O'Dyne, my good self and a large cast of colourful racy blogging identities. (I have the polaroids - and draft blackmail letters.)

    Despite the presence of that motley crue we didn't get kicked out, so the Old Man Tradie must have really laid one on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have Facebook and I don't know what its goal is. But why is your nephew telling private stories about his own family in an open forum for the entire world to see? Call me old fashioned, but some things should remain private.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My guess is bro got chucked out of the Exford Hotel because he was d 'n' d. Must be cramped living in an attic :-).

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, best not. We've learned the hard way that details don't make anything better....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I expect he became lippy and said too much Rubye. It will come out.

    More than a couple of years LS. Otherwise, where was my invitation?

    I agree with the essence of what you say Hels, but Tradie Brother has been self employed since he passed his apprenticeship. It is of no consequence to him. Dreaded Nephew moves within his circle of labourer and music people. Both are great guys, but they won't be aiming for anything where there will be scrutiny of FB. I know what you are saying, but it doesn't apply in this case.

    WindSmoke, he is extremely clever. I expect he would have been chucked out because of his smart mouth. He will always have the last word. Of course he was drunk, but he is never falling down drunk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kath, the basic details are enough to know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good on him, it's a badge of honour amongst the younger generation, no more, no less.
    Let's say his ex remarried recently and he was feeling a tad blah, never mind if he got kicked out of a non-descript pub he'll probably never frequent before the end of next year, he had his fun, his fill and his son thinks he rocks ;)
    And most importantly - no one got hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How on the money are you Jayne.

    ReplyDelete
  10. tsk tsk tsk! I hope he had fun getting kicked out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sure he is feeling morally superior Fen.

    ReplyDelete