Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Sleep of Innocent

At two in the afternoon, R's sister and her friend are sound asleep in bed. I was very impressed when I awoke at 6 this morning and they were up already, out smoking on the balcony, with the bed already made. Ah, it seems they did not leave the balcony at all and the bed was not slept in. The miracles of vodka.

They must be having trouble adjusting to the time difference, well that's my excuse for them. I couldn't do anything like that at my age, which is about their age.

The lost luggage turned up yesterday, so they were happy with that. R's sister dropped her purse in the street outside the Highrise and after some panicking and searching, they went to the police station just as a lass was handing the purse in. They were so grateful, I think they scared her and she took off quite quickly without accepting any reward for her decency.

Finally tonight we are to have a meal at home. It seems to have been a long time, well two nights actually. That's enough. Btw, my jaw is a bit sore from all the laughing I have done. R's sister's friend is incredibly funny.

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're in for some fun times with R's sister's friend. Good news about getting the purse back very lucky indeed :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughter is better than vodka, but why not both?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they'll leave Oz with a pretty good impression after the purse was handed in and having a sore jaw for the reason you mention is a pretty damn decent problem to have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Windsmoke, I would have liked to pretend I wasn't surprised that of course someone would hand it in, but we know she was just very lucky.

    But FruitCake, even though I am the last to lecture anyone, half a litre each?

    Yes Kath, she is at her best after a couple of drinks, but many of us are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Andrew:
    These sound like the sort of guests that one needs to be in training for in the weeks before they arrive. Who will be first on their knees we wonder?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. JayLa, they have sworn of any more alcohol for their visit here. I believe them, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad that you're all getting along well, laughter is a great thing. How long will they be in Australia? Long enough to adjust to our times before they have to be on their way?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two weeks River. Still laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh glad their stuff turned up and that the mislaid purse was handed in. All in all a good result for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lucky for them Fen. We know it wouldn't always happen.

    ReplyDelete