Saturday, December 17, 2011

Lady D'Arbanville

Occasional joy was to be had in my youth when discovering a good 'b' side track on a single record that you bought for the 'a' side. I recall discovering the great David Bowie track Amsterdam on the b side of one of his records. I think the Cat Stevens clip below is another b side track I discovered on a single. I had forgotten about it until recently listening to eighties music. It is a great track and I was never aware that Cat Stevens was quite a hot cat. Well at my age now, he back then looks quite hot.

8 comments:

  1. I agree sometimes the 'b' side has better tracks. I haven't bothered with pop music much after I grew up. I like boring oldies music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pretty well have too Diane. But the popular song this year by some guy with an unpronounceable name was quite good. I like to keep vaguely in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favourites too - his albums got played fairly regularly in our house by kids and parents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kath, an artist has no cred at all if liked by parents and kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'an artist has no cred at all if liked by parents and kids.' cept when it's AC/DC

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll reserve my opinion thanks Em Stacks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. PDP, bet you wouldn't go to a concert though.

    ReplyDelete