Thursday, October 06, 2011

I'm not the only grumpy old poof


Old, grumpy, sarcastic, bitter, bitchy and extremely clever could all be used to describe Gore Vidal. I quite like him and his take no prisoners attitude. Have I read any of his books? No. I have only heard his pontificating on the state of 'things'.

The vicissitudes of life are stamped upon his face. He has lived a life well. Yet what a dish he was at the age of twenty one. In spite of his good looks, I cannot see innocence or naivety in his face. His expression while impassive is also all knowing.


I obliged to Stephen from Post Apocalyptic Bohemian for the photos.

11 comments:

  1. It's an interesting young face, but there's something about the eyebrows that puts me off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see a fair bit of arrogance in his face actually but yes, he's rather pretty isn't he?

    I haven't read any of his books either. Must add him to the 'one day I'll find the time to read' list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my all time favourite tv programmes - Grumpy Old Men :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He does have an arrogant all knowing look about him at 20.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He does have a smug look about him and he is a handsome devil to :-).

    ReplyDelete
  6. He comes from an aristocratic American family hence I imagine the smug/arrogant appearance others have commented upon.

    Gore is a family name bestowed on him thus from memory he is related to Al Gore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Plucked and shaped I think River.

    Kath, I've stopped adding to the list. It is too long.

    Hels, being bit of one all ready, I prefer Grumpy Old Women.

    Arrogance Rubye, yes, I agree.

    Windsmoke, handsome yes. Devil...hmm, maybe.

    Victor, very interesting. I had no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. His eyebrow/s are caterpillarish, but he had lush lips when he was younger!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fen, I am a sucker for a guy with a big full sensual set of lips.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have always liked him and some of his comments in latter years sure make sense to me

    ReplyDelete
  11. MC, you must have seen the same tv show I did, a while back.

    ReplyDelete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.