Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Random City Photies

We were taking not an Asahi, but a cup of coffee at Riverland at Federation Wharf. It was a bit early for beer. The Yarra ferries glided past in near perfect weather.


We walked through the interior of Fed Square. I don't know what these fabric drops were for, but plenty of people were taking photos. I brushed past one and it was the lightest fabric you can imagine.


Out into Flinders Lane, I puzzled about what business was run by McDonalds of Sydney and Wellington. Google is not always your friend. More puzzling was that its Melbourne presence was not evident in any way apart from it actually being here.

10 comments:

  1. Hello Andrew:
    To 'foreigners', such as ourselves, this all looks to be most fascinating. We should much enjoy watching the river boats glide by, something we like to do when walking or sitting by the Danube.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I can go there.. It really looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you need to satisfy my curiosity about that business.
    Go inside and ask.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, such a small building too - 'Purveyors of Quality Clothing for Tall Gentlemen' perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  5. But JayLa, I fear our river is in the cleanliness stakes against the Danube, and they seem very evenly matched.

    Marina, I am a tinsy bit proud of my city.

    River, like they would know,but maybe I should.

    As you would know Kath, Flinders Lane was rag trade, but it looks older to me than when the rag trade was at its zenith.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you read that Job's Warehouse at the top of Bourke Street is closing?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is Job's Warehouse? Should I make the effort to investigate?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heritage building, yes you should.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Catching up on old posts- sorry. Job's Warehouse CLOSING???!!! What terrible news. I've never been inside, but I gather that the owners are rather interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Judge, glad you reminded me. I must see it.

    ReplyDelete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.