Sunday, July 24, 2011

How why what where?

Norway, that is a civilised place. I dun mind an Oslo sandwich. I think it is a place you can walk the streets with your wallet or handbag very loosely attached to yourself. So how did the horror happen?

There were a few reasons it would seem, but among them is extreme religion. Stupid, hokus pokus nonsense. I just cannot get any kind of mind set on religious people. All that superstition and those fairy tales that otherwise quite intelligent people believe in just does my head in.

You know, if you just go to your place or worship, your church, that is fine. I like rituals and I might be able to sing along. But really, to take it seriously.

My eyes were wet as this morning I read personal accounts at the Guardian of the terrible thing that happened in Norway.

Youse extreme christians, jews, muslims and whatever else can all get fucked. You are anachronisms and the quicker you learn that, the better. You have done nothing for the people of the world and done some really bad.

To go un emo for a moment, I really hope Norway does not step up security in ways that spoil the people lives. Norway does not need to. This was a genuine aberration, I hope.

Screw you religions. We have no need for you and do not want you.

12 comments:

  1. So sad!
    Thanks for sharing your point of view!
    Hugs
    Jon

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was horrendous. The first thing I thought when I saw a photo of the guy was he must be a conservative religious fundamentalism.
    Another home grown nut, Timothy McVeigh and the Oklahoma City bombing.
    What good does all the security baloney we have done to help prevent this sort of thing. None. Security is just another word for government control of the masses.
    IMHO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Total white bread nutjob, anti-multiculturalist, anti-muslim, anti-life for innocent people.
    Electrodes to his testes at 30 min intervals for the rest of his miserable existance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers Jon.

    No disagreement from me Linda.

    Yep Jayne. But how does someone become that evil?

    ReplyDelete
  5. There has been a huge rise in nationalist sentiments right across the Nordic countries, driven by a mixture of (1) increase in migrants and (2) EU bail out of other member states (for the EU countries like Sweden and Finland).

    ReplyDelete
  6. AdRad, I understand where they are coming from. Business dictates immigration numbers and they have to pay to bail out waster countries.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like you Andrew I hope Norway doesn't over react to this tragedy and punish themselves for the actions of one individual by going down the security road.

    All this security is an illusion any way. Without trying too hard I can think of ways of causing mahem in any built up city regardless of the security so I am sure a terrorist can.
    I also think religion is a force for evil because it replaces thinking for yourself with "faith". When was that a good idea. "everyone else was doing it" was never a good excuse when I was a child so why is it ok for adults.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BDG, it seems the security certainly is an illusion. There are too many counts of authorities harassing the innocent and missing the obvious. Given what the accused in this case was doing beforehand, he should have been under heavy monitoring.

    Even in a secular country like Australia, religion has too much influence.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes, what everybody said above.
    AdRad? I didn't know Sweden needed bail-out, I am loathing them because they have been so stupid over J.Assange and will undoubtably help him into Quantico lockdown.

    Is Norway the Nobel PEACE Prize place? sad and tragic and the shooters parents should be up on charges too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ann, I think he meant that those countries had to bail out others. I think Sweden was 'got at' somehow about Assange. It is a fish business and at least one government is involved in his restricted life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Parents have nothing to do with this. If we blame the parents then blame all the fondamentalists, and aslo blame each and every one of us. As a collectivity, we're all responsible for not being able to create a more tolerant and inclusive society.
    Hugs
    Jon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jon, without doubt society's problems are society's responsibility and of their making.

    ReplyDelete