Thursday, May 12, 2011

New phone day one

The jump to my old phone was quite a step. I learnt how it worked in time. My new Samsung Galaxy S is not such a challenge. My initial issue is that I don't like the text message set up. I like an inbox, a sent and a draft folder. I guess I may well download the app that Fen uses. I like the nag feature that Samsung has used for text messages for the various phones.

Maybe it is because I am getting old, but I am just not so excited about my new phone. It has so many things I can click on that will cost me money.

At this point, I can imagine downloading only three apps. Who knows what the future will hold once I really get into this new portable telephone.

3 comments:

  1. Initially I decided that I would not download any Apps onto my iphone then I decided I would only download free Apps that really interested me and finally I started to download a few Apps that were not free. I suppose I'm hooked now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was much the same as Victor. I've now paid for a few apps, one being the Vignette photo one which I do like. I wish I had the patience to learn to "root" my phone so I could take all the pre loaded shite off it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I expected Victor. Although you are so much older than I am, it is good that you are trying to keep up.

    Fen, I had a mental image of you rooting your phone. You have turned on the vibration facility I guess. I am being cautious about removing anything at this stage, but you can't remove all the pre loaded shite? Is root like what flash was?

    ReplyDelete

Democracy is all very well, but why give it to the people - Audrey Forbes-Hamilton.