Monday, May 02, 2011

From NZ

When ABI Brother returned from New Zealand and stayed the night before he went home, he presented us with this souvenier. It measures only a couple of inches, or 50cmmm, as he gave it to us, but once put in water, it expanded to become a tea towel, albeit a thin one. Upon it are images of rugby shirts but in spite of Victor's best educational efforts, I am not sure if they are the shirts of the common working class rugby or the posh variety of rugby. For some reason I think everybody knows about these shrunken cloths and I am the last person to know. Kinda cute hey.


7 comments:

  1. The world is getting smaller, so why not tea towels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:22 pm

    I was given something similar years ago when I was in Britain. A friend's mother gave me a shrunken face towel that had Winnie-the-Pooh! I've still got it. V.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen or heard of these shrunken cloths. They're kind of cute. I assume they stay full size once they've been expanded?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Panther8:14 pm

    50mm :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peter, perhaps we could buy clothes like that.

    Yep V. I thought it might not be a new thing.

    So far it has River. I folded it and put it away and it has stayed the same.

    Corrected Panther. I do know what 20cm is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rugby Union, Andrew - which is NZ's national religion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That'd be the posh one then Victor. The other is just called League. Your efforts weren't so wasted. Or were they?

    ReplyDelete

Democracy is all very well, but why give it to the people - Audrey Forbes-Hamilton.