Saturday, April 23, 2011

Jayne and away

Many of you will already be a reader of Jayne's blog and I am not sure if mentioning it is the right thing to do. Perhaps she would rather I did not. I have met Jayne and surprise surprise, she was quite unscary. She nursed her father at home in his declining health and he died a couple of days ago. I am sure we all wish Jayne well.

We have been away for a couple of days for a non relaxing break at Sister's. We had a nice time of course. Sister and the Bone Doctor are good hosts. More later of course and naturally I took the camera. Meanwhile, I absolutely knackered. I am not used to having to interact with people in a nice manner for two days. ABI Brother took Mother down and they will stay until Monday. Mother was so looking forward to it, but when she rose this morning, she was doubled over with cramping stomach pain, which happens quite often. It was hard to see her in such distress, but I know a good bit of it is an exaggeration. She saw a doctor later and he was a good listener and said she could take Imodium if that was what helped her.

11 comments:

  1. Relaxing with family is an oxymoron!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got it in one Red.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not used to having to interact with people in a nice manner for two days.

    And this is why I think you're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Set in my ways, as it used to be said Fen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not used to having to interact with people either. You'd think I would be after so many years manning a checkout.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, dearie :)
    I'm getting sharpish of late (wonder why?) and when the spouse irks me I intone "Then there were 2".
    Gets him gone and gets me some space :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I am sure we all wish Jayne well."

    We certainly do. She's a good bird.

    ReplyDelete
  8. some sounds good some not - hope your mum's thingie settles down

    ReplyDelete
  9. River, like you, I deal with public at work. I think we dissociate ourselves from work once we are home.

    Haha Jayne. I am smiling widely. But seriously, things have changed.

    Mostly good LS. Don't want to overdo it.

    Who knows whether they Mother's things will settle down MC. I just wish they weren't the constant main topic of conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am very sorry for Jayne's loss. And I hope your mom feels better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. She does Dina, but it does not stop her moaning on.

    ReplyDelete