Thursday, April 21, 2011

Don't be selfish.

I think it is organ donation week. This appears to be a new website. As the old bumper sticker used to say, Don't take your organs to heaven, heaven knows we need them here.

I just don't get why anyone would want to take their organs, whether they go up or join me down below. Even more puzzling are those who against the wishes of a departed loved one and stop the organ donation.

Why not an opt out system for organ donation? Too sensible.

Speaking of, our dyke friend who had a heart transplant was interviewed on the radio this week. She acquitted herself well. If you would like to hear it and I know you via my blog, send me an email for a link to the podcast. ripppon at yahoo com

8 comments:

  1. Have always been an organ donor from the moment I got my P plates. If there's any of my bits and pieces that someone living could use, I'm happy to share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, my organs might now be more of a disadvantage - but I'm donating them anyway. What I don't get is why my family get to veto what's a public choice on my part?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too Kath. I just don't get the reluctance.

    Red, I think it is state law, so it might be different for you. Like you, I doubt mine will be up for helping anyone. My fingernails are still quite nice though. Of course I work on them a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only thing that annoys me about the organ donation website is you register online, then they send you a form to fill in and sign and send back. I never get around to sending it back, well because I'm lazy. Surely my online stuff is good enough. Meh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stop being silly1:23 pm

    There's no reason you won't go to Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is absurd Fen. I did it a good while ago so I can't recall now. The important thing is that your intentions are known to your family and friends.

    Stop being silly, I can think of a few reason why I might go down under to the hot place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. whats the site you mentioned

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll email it to you MC. I am a bit weary tonight.

    ReplyDelete