Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Adelaide Holiday

It was supposed to be a cheap holiday this year, but it was not shaping up that way with a luxury villa unit in Bali with private pool and a breakfast cook. I am thankful that it has fallen through.

Back to the original cheaper holiday in Adelaide. We shall drive, stop off at Mount Gambier for a night or so and stay five nights in Adelaide.

When I first checked accom in Glenelg last year, a nice apartment right in Glenelg was about $150. Three weeks ago the same was an average of $190. Now it is well over $200 per night.

As we will have the motor with us, we can look a bit away from Glenelg. Ha, West Beach, where we stayed the last time we were in Adelaide in 1984 I think. Inclined to a cabin in the caravan park. We have enjoyed our cabin in caravan parks stays in Mildura, Port Arlington and Cowes. We like separate bedrooms, so it costs a bit more than we could be paying, but hey, we both snore.

I suppose Adelaide has moved on a bit since we were last there. What? Lordy! River? Red? Dianne? What happened to the 27C bus that we caught to town? J***what?

10 comments:

  1. Hahaha! 1984, huh?? Yes, even Adelaide changes in 27 years ... School hols are late this year - the price MAY go down after? And if you want trendy seaside, Semaphore is the new Glenelg! The old Glenelg is full of retirees ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you tell me about Semaphore. Ummm, we might be more at home in Glenelg though if it is retirees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh come on! You can fake it, can't you??!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been do it most of my life, so I guess so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love caravan park cabins.

    Hope you have fun in Adelaide.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not until mid year Dina, but we will.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've lived here since 1986 and I've never heard of the 27C bus.
    There are plenty of seaside suburbs, Semaphore, where I once lived for almost a year, Brighton, Grange, Largs Bay etc, I don't know which ones have caravan parks apart from Semaphore though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to go back over to the South Aus. We used to go to Port Elliott every year as a family. I miss it, I bet it's changed though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. River, it was a West Beach and or Henley Beach service to the city. There was 27, 27a, 27b etc. While I said it was 84 when we were there, it may have been 83. I guess there has been a bus renumbering since then.

    Near Victor Harbour Fen. Oh, open surf beach.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yep, big crashing waves and ocean spray. Love it.

    ReplyDelete