Friday, March 04, 2011

Curious Security

There is a chap who is in the news at the moment. He is supposed to have founded of 'The Brotherhood'.

I have met him as he is owner of a security company I have a building connection with. The funny thing is, the picture of him on tv does reconcile with my memory of him. I suppose it was five years ago at least when I met him. He had thick dark hair and I think facial hair.

R's memory of him coincides with mine. He remembered him from the time he attended the building and chucked out a neighbour's rough trade rent boy who was acting up.

I did not like him. He was exceptionally skilled at intimidation, even though we were the clients and doubtful as to whether we would continue with his services and if we did not, other places would probably follow suit. He had a lot to lose, yet appeared to be on the front foot.

In five years he has gone from having a head of thick, dark, and luxuriant hair to bald. I can only reach one conclusion.

8 comments:

  1. Commissioner Overland is tangled in this and it looks nasty. Bullets in the pocket on a plane and speeding fines and all the rest (poaching substandard NSW rookie cops) are using up his 9 lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ma not sure about this one Mod. It is not new. These informal groups have existed for a long time, but perhaps it is time they were no more. Overland won't last too long with our new government, I don't think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you love it when it Governments trumpet their intention to raise standards of business and accountability. Thyecditch those intentions at the first whiff of a difficulty.

    Interesting that you have a Police Minister called Peter Ryan, we had a Police Commissioner of the same name in NSW, with a celebrity style wife, until he offended too many people and was squeezed out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was he the Brit import Victor? Our police minister is from a country farm. He stated that there were no drugs taken at Big Day Out, so sniffer dogs were not necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. is it Monjon? I heard an interview with the guy on 774 the other day and wondered if that was his company, considering his name fits its name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Top of the class Fen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes Andrew, a Brit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheers Victor. I remember him but I recall nothing of his wife.

    ReplyDelete