Thursday, March 10, 2011

Clearing Photos 16

This waterwall was turned off even before our drought was at its worst. A board covered it over with an image of a lake, but over a period of time the water level in the lake dropped and eventually it was a picture of a dried up dam, with what was mud, now hard and cracked. I have no idea who the artist was, but if he or she wants plaudits for creating a depressing work, they are deserved. The water wall is back on, and in certain lights it absolutely sparkles, although clearly not for me when I was there with my camera.

4 comments:

  1. I also find it hard to capture sparkle on camera.
    I haven't been here for quite a while, there's so many posts to catch up on.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope there was something here to interest you River.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe it didn't sparkle for you Andrew but you captured a rare person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ACAnd by the look on his face he was well aware he was being captured.

    ReplyDelete

Democracy is all very well, but why give it to the people - Audrey Forbes-Hamilton.