Sunday, January 02, 2011

Sorrento Photos 2

Boats, boats and more boats.

The Spirit of Tasmania was out doing daytrips. I think the Spirit and the Queenscliff to Sorrento ferry are friends.

A departing seaplane.

There was a little eye candy around, but not a lot.

A tram, wow. Jayne tells you about it here.

While I knew about the steam train to Sorrento back beach, I did not know its old platform was still there half way up the steep hill near the jetty and nor did I know that there used to be a bridge for passengers to get from the jetty where they had alighted from a steamer to the tram.

6 comments:

  1. "There was a little eye candy around, but not a lot."

    Lolly Gobble Bliss Bombs thin on the sand then. Summer's still young though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. None of them LS. Just the usual coke cans and ciggie butts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a sad day when the only notable butts you see on the beach are of the ciggie variety.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and absolutely thousands of people used to travel on that back beach tram. I have a history of it I will post you.

    Down on the ferry pylons there are sea swallows. very small and cute and they can hang on in gale-force winds. when the ferry docks they all rush at the side of it. I can't imagine what the attraction is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:08 pm

    I love Sorrento, I miss not going to our friend's beach house in Rye.. what a lovely part of the World!
    Cazzie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can correctly say there weren't any great beach butts LS.

    Thanks Ann. Great. I don't know anything of the sea swallows. Btw, the iron bridge was removed and reused to cross the Yarra somewhere. Any idea?

    It was a hard drive in very heavy traffic Cazzie, but worth it. Rye is amazingly busy now. I always thought of it small compared to Rosebud.

    ReplyDelete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.