Saturday, January 01, 2011

I just won't go

I so did not want to go to our friend's place for dinner and stay on until midnight. Five hours is too long to be sitting around. R felt obliged and I struck a deal. We go for dinner and come home for midnight. R had been saying for weeks how good our last NYE was when I had to start work early on NYD and so we were both in bed before midnight.

However, to our friend's place we went and there were a few people we know and as I was not the driver for the night with the aid of a couple of glasses of cheer and I got through the evening until after midnight with surprising ease.

We watched Melbourne's midnight fireworks on tv, ho hum. We had earlier watched Sydney's early fireworks, the kiddie show, and it was brilliant. How could ours possibly compete with Sydney's.

With the aid of some whiskey, R and I sat and summarised our year before hitting the hay at 3am. We both concluded it had been an expensive one.

10 comments:

  1. Have a prosperous 2011!

    Looking back on 2010, did you enjoy it? [Not looking at costs of course, they can be solved.]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peter, tax bill and we have just committed to quite and expensive new lounge suite, I don't think it will be prosperous. Yes, of course I enjoyed it. My life has always been good. It is now made better by some fine blog mates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, taxes, don't start on those. Have to pay back to the state coffers too, I can do it in 20 monthly payments + interest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So you guys had fireworks in Melbourne did you? Wow, I didn't know :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me and Michelle summarised our 2010 last night as well. One word; four letters. Let's hope the new 'un's a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear James, that comment was a bit below the belt.

    Television news in Sydney, including James' ABC, always reports that Melbourne had firworks on NYE although rarely do they show more than a few seconds of it, if showing any vision at all, preferring instead saturation coverage of Sydney's extravaganza.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peter, arrangements can made here between taxpayers and the tax office, but it is not standard.

    Just a penny bunger or two James.

    It's ok Victor. As you know, he is not even in Sydney at the moment. Sydney's were truly spectacular I thought. Ours are more a case of you have to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brian, I guess the four letter word wasn't 'good'.

    ReplyDelete
  9. onward and upward.

    will you ebay the old seating or eBlog it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. eBlog, haha. I haven't asked her yet, but I think we will give it to my sister. She has one two seater bed settee in her lounge. No where to sit!

    ReplyDelete