Thursday, December 23, 2010

Jacarandas

I don't have to go out and troll the streets like Victor and Julie. I can see four jacaranda trees from my balcony. Maybe if you click on the pic you can see them.


Ok, I wasn't trolling the streets. It was my monthly night to cook and while household management had told me there were spring onions, a fruitless search of the fridge crisper told me otherwise. I punished household management by forcing him to walk with me to the corner of Park Street and Domain Road to buy spring onions, top at your left of the photo. Ok, I am not so unkind. I bought him an Asahi and we watched the South Yarra glitterati pass by. Oh look, said household management, a nice jacaranda. And so it was.

13 comments:

  1. Love the vivid splash of blue :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're beautiful - but so late this year! Fab to have them still flowering for Xmas though!!

    Happy travels!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jayne, we had a monstrous one hanging over our fence when we lived in Glen Iris. But oh the mess on our decking.

    Red, seemingly late for you, but not so late down Mexico way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aah they are so very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I can see my old flat! What direction are you looking in that first pic?

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are Fen. I like jacarandas lots.

    Scott, from near the corner of Toorak and St Kilda Roads towards Park Street and Domain Road. Park Towers is the tall building. Millswyn, Hope, Domain Streets would be there and a bit more east. Your place should be in my header photo too then.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where four?

    Une. deux, trois ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie, there is one that is just a smudge really, to your left of the plain concave white roof. Or perhaps clean your specs :-P

    ReplyDelete
  9. that red brick building in Millswyn in front of Park Domain is the old Maples warehouse. Sheila*Scotter lived there before she moved to Bridport Street.
    (I always put an asterisk in names to prevent them being discovered by googling, so you could do that with Agnes*P.)
    Happy Christmas everybody.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Emstacks, back here, http://highriser.blogspot.com/2007/06/maples.html
    although I did not know about Scotter living there. R and I looked at the public area part of it one day and was hard to tell if it was very nice inside of not. I did look dated I seem to recall.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This Devil's Workday5:03 pm

    Wow I can see my place! Freaky.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah TDW. I didn't even know if you lived in Melbourne or not.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This Devil's Workday12:24 pm

    Yeah, in my blogging days I was living in the outer northern suburbs, but I moved to the city about this time last year after I finished uni.

    ReplyDelete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.