Friday, December 24, 2010

Donald Where's your Troosers

Now't like a bit of Scottish music. R's workmate and Scottish born friend Agnes Peaston (should I write a life and times of Agnes post? Maybe some rels will come across it) lived in Punt Road at a block of flats called Cremorne Court. It is between the river and Swan Street. She was a hoarder, so when she moved to her purchased flat in Murumbeena, we had a lot of cleaning out to do. She even had books piled up in her lav. At my birthday barbecue when we lived in Glen Iris, R had to bolt to let the police into her flat to remove her body. I am sure she was found with a book in her hand. I was not an experienced barbecue person but I tried to finish off what R had started. To this day I am still surprised that a gas barbecue can become a flaming inferno that can scorch the house eaves.

I expect it was when we helped her to move that we inherited a cassette tape from her that had this song on it. It amused me. If you don't want to listen to the whole thing, go to about 1.40 where there is a bit more than just a tempo change.



But in case you think I have totally lost it, here is a nice piece of music I came across while watching an unrelated you choob video. It begins a bit doof doof but improves as more 'instruments' are brought in.

Later edit: I just thought I might put the track on a cd to listen to in the car. But it is so long since I have done anything like that, I have forgotten how to borrow You choob music. What was it? Stick kiss in front of the url, download, burn it to a cd. Maybe I'll just get it from Napster.

7 comments:

  1. "Donald Where's your Troosers?"

    That would be the song about wee Donald McRiewoldt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ach, there's a moose loose aboot this hoose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many a time did we girls from the pipe band warble this very song to an unfortunate chap, named Donald, from another pipe band who managed to fall asleep in the loos of a hall where we had a gig once.
    And he wasn't allowed to live it down.
    Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one LS. I wonder if my subconscious was at work.

    Kill it and cook if for your sooper Brian.

    Ah yes Jayne, the misfortune to have a name in a song.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha :) - thanks for your support this year and Andrew and I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas. Thanks for sharing the music.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Loz and Dina.

    ReplyDelete