Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Crack

This is just so not good. Worse because there is not obvious reason for it. No detectable building movement. Although the exterior air con unit sits there, it has done so for eight years and never been a problem. The air from the side of it is not that hot anyway. The only thing that has changed is that the windows have been tinted. As I said to R, the crack will get worse, and it has. Our insurers say, not their problem, so I guess Owner's Corporation insurance will pay. Fingers crossed.

8 comments:

  1. I was going to make a joke about 'cracks' and stuff...but I couldn't think of anything appropriate, so I won't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Act of God.
    She was bored?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outside windows is always Owner's Corporation insurance.

    Just did the insurance for our building.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brian, you are getting so mellow in your years.

    What you sayin' Jayne about act of god? Like we deserve it?

    Everyone tells me this Peter. Why do I think we will have to battle over this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It could be part of old age of the glass, maybe some subsidance [can also happen on higher floors]. And you, as one of the tennants/owners pay for that insurance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peter, ten years is not old for glass. I agree subsidence could be a cause, but I have carefully checked and there is no other sign. Tradie Brother suggested it was a bit too tight fit. Tennant? I have worked hard my whole life and all I end up with is a dysfunctional life and owning this place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No wonder no-one has bought the penthouse at Eureka Tower.

    The crack will get worse or a bad storm will cause it to implode.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheers Jahteh. I feel a lot better about it now.

    ReplyDelete