Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Containing the stuffs

Our containers for food stuffs like rice, pasta, icing sugar etc were looking old and shabby. I told R they would be ok if he washed them and stuck new printed labels on them. He wasn't convinced. They are the round ones in the photo. They seal well. We bought a new set for $25 but no matter how hard R tried, they would not fit properly into the available space., so we just bought some more that would, another $25. While the new wrong ones aren't going to waste, I wish I had the fortitude to convince R on the merits of washing the original ones and printing new labels.

9 comments:

  1. ooh I love containers. I need a label maker to label all of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrew, what's stopping you from doing this, washing and printing, yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, aaaandrew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grab your rubber washing gloves, lovvie :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fen, we just print them out on labels with the pc printer.

    Peter, the knowledge that somebody is not going to shut up until they are replaced. Actually, even with washing they wouldn't have looked great.

    Good on me Julie?

    Tight fitting thin latex gloves Jayne. Multipurpose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gee, I bet you wish YOU'D thought of that!!

    happy travels!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Red, I wish I knocked it straight on the head.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My PC printer is out of ink and i don't seem to ever get around to buying new ink!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah Fen. Hope your heads don't clag up.

    ReplyDelete