Thursday, July 01, 2010

I told you I would be back

Highriser staggered bleary eyed, unkempt and unshaven from a plane after spending twenty six hours travelling to get home only to be gobsmacked to find he now has a female Prime Minister. While most women would not know the finer points of Shink (ansen), or Japanese bullet train, I suppose I approve of female PM. I wonder how long my approval will last? I very much doubt I will become disillusioned because she is a woman. Much more likely that it will be the usual reasons for political disappointment.

Bit of catching up on stuffs to do. I'll be writing about Japan and posting holiday snaps soon. I became very angry about some things as I travelled Japan, but not for reasons you might guess.

Missed youse all.

13 comments:

  1. welcome back HighRiser-San

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank goodness you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back indeed. How is it that your flight was longer than mine when, geographically, you were closer??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to hearing about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to have you back.

    Do you mean to say that the news of our PM change did not make it through the Japanese media to you whilst you were in Japan or were you using dramatic license?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all.

    AR, it wasn't the flight that was longer. It was six hours on trains, then four hours at the airport, then the overnight flight.

    Ah Victor, I am so predictable. We were tuned into ABC Melbourne on the laptop as it was happening. We went down for breakfast and returned to find the dirty deed was done. Japanese media did have photos of the ex and the new, so I assume it was reported there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If it's possible, could you leave the country again and see if the magic works in getting rid of Tony Abbott?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm broke Jahteh. You payin'? Last holiday, Michael Jackson died.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julia leaves me cold - Maggie Thatcher was a woman, and Gilda mier etc...They used to call them the gang of four - Kevin, Julia, Wayne and Lindsay tanner - and they were all in agreement on the myriad of disasters that happened once they were able to direct treasury...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll reserve my judgement MC. There were things within her education portfolio that troubled me muchly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back. Hope it was a good trip. I look forward to reading more about it.

    ReplyDelete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.