Saturday, August 14, 2010

Gay Chat

The absolute the last clearance post for today.

This is a queer thing. Gay.com chat rooms for Melbourne are dead. R uses gay.com but clearly for overseas chat. Gay.com would not work on this big computer and R complained even though it would work on his laptop. I did what I could and then sent an email to our isp. They offered advice, but I had already done all I could. Suddenly gay.com stated working again. I expect our isp bars it at times, and then realises that they have made a mistake and allows it to work again.

Gaydar seems to be the place to go now. I am well past chat on gay sites I can't cope with the sincerity. I do use the Recon network to communicate, rarely actually, with serious people.

6 comments:

  1. I don't bother with the gay chat rooms anymore.

    I did meet Mk, one of my current theatre subscription companions, through a chat room and our theatre 'relationship' has continued long after it became obvious we had no stronger attraction for each other than as friends with an interest in common.

    Ironically - and I admit to my initial envy - Mk, after our meeting and following twenty otherwise dateless and relationshipless years then met a partner through the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Victor, yes noted MK in your posts. He did well to make a friend and meet a partner on the net. I have met some good people via the net, friends and more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:36 am

    Isn't Grindr on iphones the go these days for the younger generation? Back in my day it was snail mail correspondence to classified ads - how times have changed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had forgotten about Grindr, Anon. Obviously I have never used it but a friend told me about it. The Nation Review was responsible for many assignations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always found gay chat to be very difficult. Most people are just looking for sex, which is not a problem for me. However, I'd prefer something more serious than just a hook-up. A lot of people use Gaydar, but that website is much of the same thing.

    *Sigh* Maybe it's work out some day! Nice blog, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comment. Remember though that a relationship can start from just a sex hook up.

    ReplyDelete