Thursday, June 03, 2010

Live post. Two boys dead

I am not trying to play the clever person or the holier than thou role, but when I heard about the two boys dying in their Mooroopna home with their mother nearby, immediately something did not gel. Everyone seemed to be drawing fast conclusions that the mother had done them in, but it was not the case, well not with any intent. She may have done so by not having her gas heater serviced every two years, but who does that?

Nah, it seemed a bit to odd to me. Nothing made sense until I heard about the carbon monoxide spewing heater.

Kids are dead and past caring, but sheesh, don't you feel for their for parents and families. What a horrible thing.

8 comments:

  1. The news over here is all about some nutjob who cracked and went on a killing rampage round Cumbria. Nasty business...and a bit too close to home for comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extensively covered here. We drove through Cumbria, so I feel a one percent stronger connection to the event than I would have otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are horrible and very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awful for all concerned Jayne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor woman to be judged before there was any evidence. She was in St V's too, kinda wish I was still there so I could have given her a kind word.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess the police followed procedure Fen, but procedure, including under guard at St V's, certainly made people suspicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. there is a Community Safety advertisement on TV which advises people to get their gas heat serviced every 2 years, and I have seen it many times, when I am not even much of a TV viewer.
    Recently I had to argue long and hard with my demented father whose heater had never been serviced in decades.
    I won, but the whole thing was well before the dreadful news of 2 children dying. hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't recall seeing the ad EmStacks. It is not something we ever did, although we did pull them to bits to clean dust out of them.

    ReplyDelete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.