Saturday, April 17, 2010

One tough chickie babe

A while ago Jayne helped me with some information. Mother had asked me if I knew who Agnes Falls in South Gippsland was named after. I found myself on a road to a red herring. Jayne put me right by diverting me from Agnes Buntine, who was my prime suspect. Your Aggie B did spend some time in the area, but the waterfall was not named after her.

I must have mentioned Aggie B in a post recently and a blogmate suggested she would like to know more about her. Today I hit googlie to refresh my memory and what pops up? Jayne had already written about Aggie B. I had forgotten. So, here you go. This would have to be one of the easiest historical posts I have done. Jayne's Lost and Found has all sorts of weird and wonderful information. Do check it out.

5 comments:

  1. And now the next adventure is to trace the history of a place called Mineehaha Falls..yeah, I don't think it exists either. I was told it is a place in Gippsland too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been there Cazzie but I can't remember it. It does exist. I will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the linky-love ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read her history - what a goer...its wonderful that she is remembered like this

    ReplyDelete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.