Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Mini Condoms

Well, this had me saying WHAT to myself. I repeat the piece below. I am over the shock now and thinking that it is better that they stay safe and don't plant seed at their age. But even so, twelve years old? Then again, I read elsewhere that it was alleged a twelve year boy old raped an old lady here in Australia. Oh dear, I feel ever so old.

Extra small condoms for boys as young as 12 are going on sale in Switzerland, The Telegraph in London reports this morning.

The Hotshot was produced following government research which revealed that 12 to 14-year-olds did not use enough protection, with many going without protection because regular condoms are too large.

The study, conducted by the Federal Commission for Children and Youth, interviewed 1480 people aged 10 to 20, according to The Telegraph.

It showed that more 12 to 14-year-olds were having sex, in comparison with the 1990s.

"The result that shocked us concerned young boys who display apparently risky behavior. They have more of a tendency not to protect themselves. They do not have a very developed sexual knowledge. They do not understand the consequences of what they are doing and leave the young girls to take care of the consequences," a researcher told the Telegraph.

"The results of this study suggest that early prevention makes sense."

The Hotshot condoms, $A8, for a packet of six, have been created by Swiss condom manufacturer Lamprecht AG.

Company spokesman Nysse Norballe told The Telegraph that a standard condom had a diameter of 5.2cm, but the Hotshot's diameter was just 4.5cm. Both are the same length - 19cm.

8 comments:

  1. What is the predominant religion of the Swiss? For the big money I would have told Eddie it was Roman Catholic, but I must be wrong.
    Of course we don't want any more births of boring Swiss than we have to tolerate, or little kids in HIV clinics or maternity wards, and we shouldn't have to train little girls to fight their way out of a little boy's advances, but holy-cow I am glad I am not a teen's parent these days. holy cow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even my own 13 yr old feral beast was somewhat shocked to see this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 12 is young...but a friend of ours used to laugh that the Mexican kids he mixed with were physically mature at 11/12 whilst the anglo kids were a bit later - who knows with all the hormones out there in our food chain...
    condoms are better than 13 year old dads... - always preferable to wait ab bit but common sense says some won't have that self control

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to get my hands on these junior condoms just so I'll finally have something that fits.

    Although the length thing concerns me - who on earth needs the full 19 centimetres, and in my experience very few (condoms that is) seem capable of reaching their full length.

    Or am I doing something wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah Ann, I would have thought catholic. And aren't we both glad not to be parents of a teen.

    Jayne, I hope he did not want to rush out and buy some.

    MC, I think we can now take it as a given, for whatever reasons, the young physically mature earlier, but their heads don't.

    C'mon Mutant, it is not that small really. Email me a pic, just so that I can double check. You are right about very few needing 19cm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 12yr olds having sex?! That is disgusting! What is this world coming to?!

    Will someone please think of the children!!!

    Well...I guess someone was...which is why this product is now available.

    Damn those marketing people.

    But yay for adults like Mutant and myself who actually can get our sex on safely cos we got condoms that fit now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I might be missing something here (an expansive education perhaps) but surely if a kid's diggerydoo is 'extra-small' then he can't be sexually mature enough to produce working sperm. I could be wrong about that, of course, it's just that I thought mature sperm walked hand in hand with ball dropping and pubes, so to speak.

    I can't help wondering whether these condoms weren't actually manufactured for grown men who don't want to admit they might be undernourished.

    ReplyDelete
  8. DA, I can't help but think guys who cry small are just going for sympathy. Witty comment though.

    Brian, you are possibly right, but Asian, for you Chinese, sized condoms have been around for a long time. Hasten to add that Asian guys who I have met do not need smaller condoms.

    ReplyDelete