Friday, March 12, 2010

Long Lunch

No, I did not go out for a long lunch. Long Lunch happens every year and I think for the last few years it has been set up outside the Victorian National Gallery. Quite a few diners had left by the time I took this snap. It must have been hot in the sun. A Chinese Dragon just happened to be passing by. Meanwhile on the lawns outside St Kilda Town Hall, a shorter Long Lunch was happening. This time the guests were the poor, the homeless, the down trodden and general assorted scum from the streets.


At least the St Kilda lunch for the poor did not disrupt traffic, unlike the Long Lunch which blocked off the St Kilda Road service lane and caused terrible traffic congestion and at least one car and tram accident. Maybe the Long Lunch is a charity fund raiser, like the next disruption to the city is, Run for the Kids, where St Kilda Road will be entirely blocked along with the major city toll road, the Domain Tunnel.

Is that the end of it? Of course not, a week later is the Grand Pricks. Traffic is already disrupted. I know. I suffer from it. Victorians subsidise it for around $40 million and the profits go overseas to some creep Ecclestone. Fast cars dashing about our local park which we are not able to access and terrorising the wildlife is not a good thing in my book. Our gov says it promotes our State, so you overseas types better watch the Grand Pricks and make plans to visit because of it.

9 comments:

  1. Long lunches always produce long turds, I've noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. grand prix time already? damn. I can normally hear the blessed thing from my place, if the wind's right, horrible fuel guzzling, polluting cars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgivable Brian, if it was a late night comment, but it was AM your time.

    Its dying Fen. Just a matter of a year or so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To paraphrase Allanis Morrisset...isn't it ironic that the govt throws our $40+ mill away on a bleeping car race while the homeless rely on our charity for the basics.
    The govt thinks it's a charity...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything's a late-night comment in my life, Andrew...I've lost track of the time of day between the short bursts of sleep I manage to scavenge when the cats aren't bouncing up and down on my head.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For sure Jayne. It has gone from questionable to absurd.

    If it works for you Brian. I like routine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Poison Dwarf was moaning in the Daily Mail about having to give his wife 1 billion in the divorce.
    Either get the stinking race out to Avalon or get rid of it altogether but I believe we are locked in to a stanglehold contract.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jahteh, is he not one of the creepiest guys. Only matched almost by our own Ron Walker.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Creepy is the word and he would have to pay me 2 billion to slip between the sheets with him.

    ReplyDelete