Monday, March 08, 2010

A Question

Ah, what to write. Life is particularly difficult at the moment. We are back from staying on the Bellarine Peninsula with Sister, Bone Doctor and Little Jo. It was a nice enough time in spite of a certain chill in the air. Photos later of course. I have some personal hail storm pictures too, some of them later. I am not in the mood for playing with photos. I guess the hail photos will not be so topical.

Instead, let me pose this question to you? A serious or humourous response is fine.

Why at around the age of forty two did I stop wearing tee shirts and started wearing collared shirts with button up fronts? There are two reasons I have in mind.

Ok, I might go and start playing with photos.

Later Edit: One reason is that my shape had changed a little bit I was no longer skinny and I no longer thought tees flattered me. But the main reason was I had to start wearing glasses to read with, and so you have to have somewhere to carry them, that is, a shirt top pocket.

11 comments:

  1. Well, I began wearing the same button up front shirts when I became a breast feeding mum... however, I do not suppose that is your reason :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cazzie please. I nearly spluttered my coffee out over the keyboard. Still grinning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A: because you are a man of class and style. At 40+, Tshirts are only for the gym, which was their original application.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm...based on a recent experience, I would say:

    1. poor design
    2. unreasonable expense

    I tried on a t-shirt the other day. First up, it looked like the collar of the t-shirt had been torn. Second it was $60! So that's my two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brownie, pretty close to one answer. Perhaps you were just being polite.

    AR, the cost of some tee shirts is absurd, especially if you work out the production cost in third world countries. I am sure you still look very hot in a tee, ripped or otherwise. But no, neither suggestion is correct.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alas only you can answer that question kind Sir.

    Maybe you thought shirts were better fitting, that tshirts were boring, too expensive, too youthful in their design.

    Question is, do you unbutton all of the buttons when you undress?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, perhaps you've reached a place where you'd like to take a bit more time to appreciate the way little actions shape your day... like the extra few seconds it takes to adjust your collar in the mirror and tweak the sides. Plus, it makes a man look so put-together. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't say as I've ever worn tee-shirts, myself. It's when you start wearing waistcoats and fob watches that you know you're getting old.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't dress up for work, eg today am in trousers and neat black stretchy tshirt, and look ok. But I find when I know I'm having people in the office, esp external contacts, I'll wear an ironed shirt. Just feels and looks more professional.
    Wondering if you simply like the look and feel of a nice collared shirt, over a basic t.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes Fen, always unbutton. You too are on one of the tracks.

    MG, no not really. I just get dressed quickly.

    Brian, is that a ticking noise I hear?

    Not especially Raelene.

    Kind of Jayne.

    One reason is that my shape had changed a little bit I was no longer skinny and I no longer thought tees flattered me. But the main reason was I had to start wearing glasses to read with, and so you have to have somewhere to carry them, that is, a shirt top pocket.

    ReplyDelete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.