Thursday, February 04, 2010

Highriser is unwell

I have a mancold. I think it is lethal. Women know nothing about sickness or pain because they never suffer from a mancold. Will one of you write a nice obituary for me please? I have no one to blame. Usually I can blame R as he catches one from his work and then gives it to me. Once even Little Jo gave me a cold. I so want to know which mongrel gave me a cold. It must be that Madden bloke, or the government.

I had to call work and tell them I was not fit for duty tomorrow. That just looks so bad on your last day of work before a week off. I care not. Fortunately a nice management person was at the end of the phone. He hoped I would be well soon. He gets extra points for pretending to care.

R has made a lasgne for tomorrow night when Sister, Bone Doctor and Little Jo will visit. They are moving tomorrow, never to shadow Murrumbeena again. They will rent their flat out because they find the two bedroom flat too small for their lives. If I was an unkind brother, I would suggest that they should not have filled it with so much crap. Bone Doctor has an appointment on the Bellarine Peninsula/Peninsular (I forget which) and so they will be there for a year, but in two different places. I would have thought being a Doctor's wife would be stable, but clearly not. Little Jo was born in Geelong, lived in Murrumbeena, Wangaratta, Bendigo, Murrumbeena again and now on an extremity of the Bellarine Peninsular and then another move mid year, all before she is three.

They will stay here one night a fortnight when Bone Doctor has some further doctor education to do and then stay one night at Mother's.

Late Step Father's family comes from down Geelong way and Mother was invited to her step daughter's fiftieth birthday. Many were prepared to make an effort to get her there, but she said no and commanded Sister to go to represent the family. Sister begrudgingly said yes and I told her she was silly for agreeing. Lucky Sister. There is a welcome dinner for Bone Doctor now, and so they have to attend and can't go to Step Father's daughter's birthday.

Now, R gets home tomorrow at 4pm. If you don't see another post from me before then, I am probably dead from mancold. Please alert authorities.

15 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better!!!

    Sorry you're sick.

    Don't die, please. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "..stay one night at Mother's"
    Umm, will Mother cope with Little Jo and will she be polite to Bone Doctor?
    Poor petal, drink lots of fluids and sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:21 am

    Make yourself a hot toddy and lay down in front of the telly Andrew.

    Here's the recipe for the toddy.

    80ml (1/3 cup) whiskey
    60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
    1 1/2 tbs honey
    2 x 7cm cinnamon sticks, bruised
    12 whole cloves
    250ml (1 cup) boiling water
    2 x 5cm-strips lemon peel

    I'd double up on the whisky though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Will one of you write a nice obituary for me please?"

    Here lies Andrew,
    Down in Hell,
    But apart from that,
    He's done quite well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lord Hughes, Peer Of Our Realm.

    Andrew darling, Dr.O'Dyne prescribes scoffing the bag of salt crisps to kill all the germs in the throat.

    Melb-Blogger PareiodoliacEyes.blogspot has this germ too. Her blog has gorgeous illustrations get over there and look at loveliness to soothe the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know what it is like Scott.

    Thank you Dina.

    Not sure how Mother will cope with Little Jo. Much complaining afterwards I expect. She and the Bone Doctor get on ok, just not like R and Mother do and always have.

    Excellent Anon. I am back from the shops and have said scotch. I forgot to get the rest and we do have a water shortage you know. Best leave it all out.

    I take it as a compliment Brian and I happy to be down below with the interesting people.

    Salt crisps is a new one Ann. Can't hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "He gets extra points for pretending to care."

    No doubt he slandered you mercilessly to anyone in earshot after concluding your call.

    At least that's how I operated as a caring manager when I was one. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You'd be down with sub-human trash who hang cats from bridges, if you call that interesting

    ReplyDelete
  9. Damnation to the mancold! It would have been someone who shared their vile germs about two weeks prior to the onset...look back and remember where you were two weeks ago. A person sniffeling in the corner...or someone coughing and not covering their mouth (Oh I hate that!)
    The move for Little Jo would be nice then if they are going down Geelong way.
    My knee was operated on down Geelong way by a Mr Brink... wonderful man he is. I thought him oh-so-young when I first met him. But as soon as he spoke I knew he was confident he could correct the mess that Footscray Hospital had made of the knee in the first place. Some fine Doc's work down that way for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have it well summed up Victor.

    Cazzie, I reckon the incubation period is two to three days. Yes, past Geelong, Queenscliff area. Bone Doctor knows of Mr Brink. She has heard good about him but she has not met him as he does not do public work. She was curious as to which Footscray Hospital? Initials will do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous11:20 am

    I blame John Howard.....
    Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Endorsed Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'm a bit slow with the comments, are you feeling better Andrew? I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Could be something to do with the volume of posts Fen. I am not too bad. I just moan a lot. Pride march tomorrow. I will rally.

    ReplyDelete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.