Monday, January 11, 2010

Noodles

If we did not have a swimming pool and a toddler niece, I would have perhaps never known about noodles. Here is a pair of noodles, enough for two people.

Sister brought two along one day when she and Little Jo came for a swim. She paid $5 each. R bought another two, 2 for $5. What about me when we swim and Little Jo is here, I protested. So we bought another, $4. Yesterday we had five noodles in the pool. I commandeered two and placed them so that I could effortlessly float around, one under my knees and the other under my arms.

A tractor tyre inner tube might have been great as a kid, but these are so cheap and work well.

Sister was giving Little Jo a lesson in 'monkey monkey'. I had never heard of it. I have never seen Sister being so harsh, but I can see the reasons why. Monkey monkey is getting around the edge of the pool by moving your hands along the edge and getting to the ladder. The edge of our pool is not easy to grip. Twice Little Jo went under. Sister just pushed her back up and made her continue until she reached the ladder.

Life saving stuff.

12 comments:

  1. I love noodles. We use these some of the time at aquarobics..... great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love noodles but I need at least four, I don't get any lighter in water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are KN. I can't stand up with my head above water in our pool and it gets tiring having to suspend yourself all the time.

    Jahteh, do you tie them together or strategically place them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can get connectors for them. I think I've seen them in Rebel Sport.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to say that I've just stumbled across your blog and I kinda like it.

    I'm adding it to my RSS feed. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Which maybe only fit their own no doubt much more expensive ones Ben? What you doin' in Rebel anyway. Getting fit?

    DA, many blogs disappear after a while. New ones are good. You are most welcome. I will read some of yours tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i bet the noodles don't go all piping hot in the sun like the inner tubes used to! My faves were sunbergs, is that what they were called. They were a netty material like thing full of polystyrene balls. Half floated half filled with water, loads of fun. My memory doesn't remember if that is what they were actually called.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you're going to (try to) start reading my blog I would HIGHLY recommend that you do so in small sections until you build up a tolerance for it.

    Excess consumption can cause a laxative effect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, you're supposed to use them to swim? No wonder my Chinese meals always turn out tasting of polystyrene.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fen, in the ice cold rivers in Gippsland that we swam in, any warmth was nice. I have seen the net things you mention. Sound fun.

    Haha DA. I have been warned.

    Best buy your Chinese at the local take away Brian. Don't forget the chips.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've seen the monkey monkey thing. I never realized there was a name for it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It kind of makes sense Dina and the name of the action perhaps amuses kids.

    ReplyDelete