Monday, January 18, 2010

Idiot Motorists


The first car in the queue of cars to turn right is a fool. He or she has not stopped over the loop in the road to bring up the right turn arrow and yes, it did not work, so the cars behind were stuck too.

A lovely big and thick white line to stop at but the driver does not seem to understand that he or she should stop with the nose of their car at the big thick white line. I really wonder what they think the line is for?

Eventually said motorist will give up and drive straight ahead. Hopefully the following car will stop in the correct place.

But they don't just stop over the line, they also stop well short of the line, with the same effect. No green turning arrow. Now the lane being an exclusive right turn lane, they are snapped by the new camera when they give up and go straight ahead.

When I think of the times when as a pedestrian I have had to walk around a car that is stopped in the pedestrian area at a crossing, I have no sympathy whatsoever. Interestingly, you seldom see the much maligned young male driver doing such stupid things. They just kill themselves and their friends.

13 comments:

  1. How about the young woman who smiled and waved at me as she whipped inches past me on the pedestrian crossing I was using?
    She obviously misunderstood my middle finger salute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever been tempted to walk OVER the bonnet that is stopped over the white line and blocking the ped crossing??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jayne, you misunderstand road rules. A smile and wave gives a driver all sorts of extra rights over everyone else.

    I have Raelene, tempted that is. But I am not in quite the condition to do that now. I instead would perhaps drive my knee into the soft spot on the door or crash into the side of it with a pram.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gives me the sh*ts Andrew.... gah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drivers with their heads in the clouds Cazzie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. More red light cameras = more attention to the big white line!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and that's supposed to be Rob Kemp, not Lou!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm amazed by people who 'cross the line' There's a set of lights near home with creep-sensors that are supposed to trigger the red-light camera if you inch forward too far. I don't think that feature is active yet, the fine for crossing that bold line is hefty now, so I can't wait to hear people start bitching about it once the fines roll in.

    Oh, and I'm one bad day away from walking on someone's car. My automotive respect means I most likely won't though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Using your g/f's lappy Rob? Or she been using yours?

    Ok Mutant. I have not heard of these creep sensors. I am sure there are some cars you would really like to stomp over.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A speed/red light camera has recently gone in at Sydney Rd/Gaffney St in Nth Coburg and has been doing more flashing than a bloke in a trenchcoat and no socks. Even better, it's been enforcing no right turns at particular times. I'm loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is satisfying Captain, to watch the flash repeatedly go off and think of the money that is going to the government that can be spent on services.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope I never have to drive in Melbourne...Ali who lives there understands all the rules re trams etc that are different and I try an take note but it doesn't make sense to me...I guess if I was driving there it might ...

    ReplyDelete
  13. You get used to it. My advice to driver's from interstate re trams would be to stay away from them.

    ReplyDelete