Monday, January 18, 2010

Heads Up

That is a funny phrase. A Melbourne blogger in the distant past used the phrase quite a few years ago and it was the first time I had read it and I had to look its meaning up. So, I am giving you a heads up.

If my memory is not too defective, there is a very fine interview by Andrew Denton of feisty US journalist Helen Thomas on ABC1 at 8pm tonight. I am surprised that it is a whole eighteen months ago that it was first screened. It is quite moving in parts and I don't think you will be disappointed by spending thirty minutes tuned in.

2 comments:

  1. Ms HT - The Last Of The Feisty Dames.
    ref: Ros Russell in 'His Girl Friday'.

    "heads up" is what the teacher says when the test time is completed, like a meerkat out of it's burrow to check what been happnin while it was otherwise distracted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Used to be pens down when I was at school Ann. I think your meerkat reference would be right.

    ReplyDelete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.