Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy bloody 2010

Random thoughts. I worked today. It was hot. I work tomorrow, not so hot. Just at home on NYE and I will be ready for bed at 10.30. I think I will use earplugs tonight. Sonic booms can penetrate our very thick glass. I wish I could be up at midnight to wish R a happy NY, but I shan't be.

Called Sister, Brother Friends, Mother and ex NT politician to wish them happy NY. I remember one year I did a mass sms just before midnight. I might do that tonight before I sleep.

The sky is turning black and instead of lightning preventing the midnight grown up fireworks happening, it looks like it might rain on the kiddies fire works. Wrap them up quickly parents, they will die if they get wet. Wow, 8.59 and a sharp clap of thunder.

I often think if I could afford it when I am old, I could have a flat in Hobart to spend a month or two in at the height of Melbourne's summer. But then it was 38 deg in Hobart today, hotter than here. Extradordinary.

Just been out on the balcony having a drink with R and watching the lightning and the rain fall.

I am sure 2010 will be good. Happy New Year to youse all.

13 comments:

  1. I'll be tucked up in bed before midnight with my earplugs in. I've seen too many New Years come and go with massive disappointment to give a stuff any longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's 11.29 and it's still pissing down and there's still the occassional flash of lightning. I'm kinda glad I'm at work tonight, who'd wanna be out in that wet!!
    Happy New Year to you and R, I hope your 2010 is all you wish it to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best for the New Year, Andrew. Mercifully, there were only a few backyard crackles here just before midnight. Off t' bed now while it's quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:21 am

    Well, it's not quite NY here - almost 11:30. Not doing much but trying to stay awake to welcome in 2010. Happy New Year! Vik.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 2010, DrewAn, and may it overflow with fun, frivolity and laughter for you and yours ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I worked yesterday morning, aswell as the two preceeding that. I got home at 4:30pm and got ready, took the kids t a friend's place, we celebrated the New Year with friends and other little kiddies and I drove home very carefuly at 2am. Come 5:30am I would have been awake 24hs. I made sure I got to bed by 3am.
    Hubbie worked in the city last night, as he has for the past 3 years now. We wished each other a safe New Year before he left for work at 5pm..half an hour after I got in from work.
    I wish you and yours a very safe and healthy New Year...and also a prosperous one at that.. time to buy a lotto card :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks all. Not my turn this year Cazzie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We were amongst the ones who went into town, thankfully missing the downpour. I was rather disappointed by the fireworks however. They needed a focal point to concentrate on rather than having to whip your head around Linda-Blair style in order not to miss anything. As a friend said, they were designed to look great from far away but were a bit of a mess if you were in the midst of it.

    Happy 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like a jacaranda tree MD. Best viewed with a bit of distance.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that my house guest has departed I'm back to checking my blog favourites again.

    Hence my belated New Year's greetings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bet you say that to all the boys Victor. Actually, I did give a moments thought today to what I wrote that pissed Victor off.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You pissed me off? When, where, how?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Silly of me Victor. You have a life and are busy at times. Just my history. Maybe it is Sydney bloggers. Two of them, quite nice people, have ditched me because what I have written.

    ReplyDelete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.