Friday, September 25, 2009

Family Photos

Mother and I spent some time yesterday looking at old photos. We both ended up with sore necks from leaning forward. She was too afraid to get up on steps and pull a dusty box down from the wardrobe. She did tell me that in a box the other side of the wardrobe is her will and other important papers.

It was good fun looking at old photos. She gave me some of my father's mother which I will scan a few and show later but here is a few she is keeping for the time being, so I just took some snaps.

Well, I have seen uglier babies. I wasn't that bad.


Dad the Nasho, having done his National Service at Puckapunyal Army Base. I just cannot imagine him submitting to authority. I expect this was the last time he ever did in his life.


My parents wedding. That would be the last time my father ever carried gloves or wore a double breasted suit. The bloke next to my mother I remember well. He was a trumpeter and gave me a bugle. Next to him was my mother's friend who only died last year. The woman next to my father married a Minister of Religion who ended up Archbishop of NT and QLD I think.

15 comments:

  1. You know I'll be the one to say it, I just love the lacy wedding dress, gorgeous.

    You weren't bad as a baby, grew up though, didn't you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep Jahteh. The ugly duckling story and the opposite happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your parents were very good looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Dad looks familiar, like someone I've seen recently ... :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrew, you were a lovely looking baby :)
    I love looking at these images. The nasho one..I wish I had one like that of my Dad. He also served at Pucca.
    I look forward to seeing more pics.
    I reckon your Mum would have enjoyed looking through the pics with you too Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cameraface, about the will. Check it to see if it's current and is a copy. If it's original, lodge it with her solicitor, also the house title if that's with her important papers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes Victor, although I look like my father now, he was much better looking that I was at his age.

    Yep Jayne, same puffiness under the eyes.

    Cazzie, my mother must have hundreds of photos of times since we kids were born. We only looked at really old ones. It was good fun together. My father was 21 when I was born, so would our fathers have been about the same age? Like he was born 1936.

    Good tips Jahteh, but I know it is original, although out of date now since step father died. His only provision was to stay in the house until he died or left. Otherwise the rest goes to us children. I guess the house title is there too. I see no reason to lodge them with her solicitor, except for if there was a fire or burglary. Any reason I am missing?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You were a very cute baby.

    I love all the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello from Spain!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, she's not gaga so you won't have to worry about her suddenly leaving everything to a cats home, now. Wills can also be challenged if the original is not in a solicitor's care and the House Title is expensive to search and replace. It's fine to say the family is happy about everything now but circumstances change and a death can really bring out the worst in anybody.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hola Fete. ¿Cómo usted va?

    Okies Jahteh. I will ask if it is the original and about the title too. I do fully trust my brothers and sister. Maybe a mistake, but I will wear it if it is.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hola Fete. ¿Cómo usted va?

    Okies Jahteh. I will ask if it is the original and about the title too. I do fully trust my brothers and sister. Maybe a mistake, but I will wear it if it is.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Look at that dress wow - not like the dresses today where they start almost at the waist - my dad had a similliar hairstyle as your dad...your mum and dad look pretty happy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Do look nice MC. They may have looked happy, but it didn't last.

    ReplyDelete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.