Thursday, August 06, 2009

Lovers' Walk

Argh, life is too busy. Lucky I have a post I prepared earlier.

While it is not quite secluded enough for a bit of slap and tickle and it is not what I would call a place for a romantic walk, this walkway in South Yarra is not an unpleasant way to get to Chapel Street from South Yarra Railway Station in Toorak Road. We have often walked it when going to see a movie at the Jam Factory. It just follows the edge of the railway cutting and with a childish excitement, I enjoy it when a train rushes past.

10 comments:

  1. It contains the 'L word' so it'll be a cold day in hell before you see me traipsing along there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How quaint!
    That the one with the lovely green bank and vandalised seats looking out over the train tracks?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, but why did they name it Lovers Walk?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not seen that before, too bad people graf on the entrance way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. On a nicer note.

    Oh, Mutant is afraid of the 'l' word.

    Jayne, could be. I can't recall seats. The smell is not great at times either.

    Local council being twee I think Victor. I wouldn't walk it in the dark.

    Yes Cazzie. I wish I had taken the whole entrance. Looks a bit Asian. I will fix graffitists with a .22.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i always used to wonder what that funny red bit was as i whizzed past on the train, i have just put two and two together and come up with your post :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep Fenz. Same thing at the Chapel Street end and at a street in between.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess that could be considered romantic.

    And sometimes horror movies have romantic moments....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovers Walk...thats unusual...but you are right you'd have to be game to go down there at night.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Get your point Dina.

    MC, given the area it is in,it probably would be ok to walk along. I just wouldn't.

    ReplyDelete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.