Tuesday, August 18, 2009

College Square

Carlton residents, especially members of the Carlton Residents Association, are horrified at the expansion of College Square. It appears to be now extending right through to Rathdowne Street. Not entirely sure about that.

However, this part on the corner of Lygon and Princes Street is not exactly what you would call classy. In fact the workmanship seems pretty poor. It really is very ugly. See the cracking near the top window.

No doubt the evil Madden and equally evil VCAT will approve whatever the developer wants, minus a storey or two.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:16 am

    Ahhhhhh, progress don't ya just love it?.....not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Increasingly I love it less.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can we propose a demolition of our own...?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jayne, with the cracking I noticed, it might just fall down itself.

    ReplyDelete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.