Sunday, July 19, 2009

Off to Kinda

I saw a letter in the paper last week from a woman who was complaining that she could not get her child into the local kindergarten. I think it was in the People's Republic of Moreland.

I went to kindergarten, briefly, before we moved to country. It was a right. I don't believe that it cost anything my parents anything. I don't know if was council run or state government or what.

Back then, for all you can say about conservative governments such as those of Menzies, Bolte and a conservative local council, they did provide good schools and transport to them, along with kindergartens and minimal expense to parents.

How on earth are we overun with Labor state and federal governments and lefty councils and they can't provide the basics.

A local resident not able to get her child into a lefty area local kindergarten. What a crock.

7 comments:

  1. "How on earth are we overun with Labor state and federal governments and lefty councils and they can't provide the basics.

    A local resident not able to get her child into a lefty area local kindergarten. "


    Jeez Shirl, next you're going to tell us that Ghengis Brumby is to the left of Jeff the K*n*t. :0)

    Brumby and 'lefty' in the same sentence?

    I don't think so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, nothing is minimal i expense any more. Coming from a Mum of four kids who do go to a Public school, the very public school I went to aswell.
    When I was a kid, the bus came to pick us up from out in the rural area. By the time my siblings and I got into the later years of Primary/High School, my parents had to pay each term for the service. Not complaining, just making observation that things started to change.. services and costs changed from about 1980 onwards for rural people.
    Oh, and I never went to kinder, just started school from age 4.5 yrs. My kids went to Kinder, it was provided to them at the childcare centre two afternoons a week. It cost alot, but the carers and kinder teachers were awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything costs these days. Nothing is for free.

    I guess really nothing has ever been free. Freedom is for the elite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LS, why are Labor voters always so disappointed when their governments are in power? Tories aren't.

    Cazzie, it cost a lot to send yours. And they tell us to populate.

    Jayne, sadly seems to be true.

    Raelene, while the taxpayers paid, there were minimal costs to educate children.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i didn't like kindergarten, it bored me. I also failed colouring in! ha ha ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you can remember kinder Fenz. I can't.

    ReplyDelete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.