Saturday, June 13, 2009

Stop the press

The Resident Judge of Port Phillip posts on the death of Constance E. Little. You heard it here second.


  1. Stop the press.

    Stop all the clocks,
    cut off the telephone,
    Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
    Silence the pianos and with muffled drum.
    Bring out the coffin, ...

    (W.H.Auden, or 4 weddings and a funeral)

    I always agreed with her opinion anytime I read her letter to the editor. I hope her funeral is huge.

  2. Off to deliver her final epistle to St. Paul, no doubt.

  3. Letter writing is now, truly, a lost art.

  4. I expect it will be large Ann. I did not always agree with her, but usually.

    Clever Brian, very clever.

    Yes Jayne. She was pithy and succinct too.

  5. I always kept an eye out for her contributions and she will be missed.

  6. There's a vacancy Rob. Get your quill and ink pot out and get writing.