Monday, May 18, 2009

Million Paws Walk

We again participated in the RSPCA's annual Million Paws Walk. As we did in 2006 and 2008. I wrote about them at the time, but they are such uninteresting posts that I won't even bother linking back to them. Not that this post is any better. We met up with the dyke friends and this year they have two dogs rather than one.

So after catching a tram to Power House, we walked two thirds around the lake and stopped at the finish for coffee, the dyke friends left and R and finished the lap and caught a tram home. Had we have not caught the tram, it would have turned a seven kilometre walk into nearly a fourteen kilometre walk.

One interesting thing was running into old neighbours of ours from Balaclava. They gave us a bit of street gossip. The neighbour next to us is now over 100 and is slowing down. He now uses a zimmer frame to go up the street and no longer climbs up onto his roof. Sadly his wife died shortly after we left.

I am a bit furious. I just found out the camera R bought for me for my significant birthday eighteen months ago cost $700. That and the balloon flight was an absurd amount to spend. But the camera is good. I could hardly see because I was pretty well pointing the camera into the sun and the reflection from the water when I took this shot over the lake. It didn't do a bad job.

10 comments:

  1. Unreal, I forgot about this walk I wanted to go in it with Bondi...... yet I was sleeping from my night shift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I say that's a decent shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe next year Cazzie. You need your proper sleep.

    Ta Jayne. I expected just a bright glaring light.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Sadly his wife died shortly after we left."

    I was going to suggest as a result of over-celebrating, but then realised that was probably bad taste humour one step too far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, Melbourne through Andrew's lens. You are a bit of a dab hand with a camera.

    So, your dyke friends dogs: are they a same-sex couple too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. She pined away after her nice neighbours left Brian.

    No they aren't lad. The girls do like a token cock around the house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had a few friends who did the walk this year, but we had a birthday brunch to attend on Sunday. Might see you there next year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Evol, while there are a few guys who I picked as gay, our side seemed somewhat unrepresented. For next year, we will be the ones without a dog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure in R's mind, you're worth every penny.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Only in R's mind Daisy? You could have just said, I am sure you are worth it. x

    ReplyDelete