Monday, May 04, 2009

Is this a meme?

I came across this at another blogger's page in a circuitous way and it sounds easy and requires little thought, thereby matching my present state.


A - Age: You have already forgotten my significant big birthday celebrations that I wrote about? So have I.

B - Bed size: Queen size, appropriate really. Oddly I sleep straight in the same place in the bed.

C - Chore you hate: Changing doona cover. Thankfully some bloke called Tim is going to immigrate and help me with this.

D - Dog’s name: Don't have one now, but in the past Toby and Jessie.

E - Essential start to your day: Coffee, black,no sugar.

F - Favorite colour: Black

G - Gold or Silver: Silver, it sparkles better

H - Height: 180cm or 5'11"

I - Instruments: No idea what this means. I find my special splinter removal tool very useful for many things, such as piercing a large pimple on my face. Does it mean musical? I can play scales on a piano and major minor major 7th diminished, or something like that.

J- Job: I have never mentioned what my work is and I am not about to now. I will just say that it is a crappy job, but suitable for a person with no work ambition. It almost pays the bills.

K – Kids: None of those. They interfere with 6 o'clock drinks.

L - Living arrangements: Share with a good bloke and have for a long time. (Social Security is watching me)

M - Mum’s name: Not saying. Her second name is Marjorie.

N - Nicknames: Blanche. I am the sluttish Golden Girl. Friends can be so unkind. Nowadays more commonly called Shirley, but don't call me Shirley.

O - Overnight hospital stay other than birth: Tonsillitis at four years old.

P - Pet Peeve: Stupid car drivers. Not bad car drivers or aggressive car drivers or idiot car drivers, just stupid ones, the kind that pull up behind a car that is turning right when they are going straight ahead.

Q - Quote from a movie: I had a farm in Africa, at the foot of the Ngong hills.

R – Robot or Human?: Mostly human, although at work, perhaps often robot like.

S - Siblings: Two brothers, one sister

T - Time you wake up: Shift worker, so it varies but when on holidays, about 7. Sleeping is boring.

U- Underwear: Are mine called bikini briefs? If I say the word jockette, I will seem so old. Not boxers or shorts.

V - Vegetable you dislike: Brussel Sprouts.

W - Ways you run late: Never run late, but seldom early either. If I have any talent, it would be for master of timing.

X - X-rays you’ve had: Childhood broken bones and adult chest xray and hammer finger.

Y - Yummy food you make: Given I only make fried rice, that would have to be it, although my pea and ham soup that takes three days to make is pretty good. Fairly mean boiled fruitcake too.

Z - Zoo favourite: Meer cats.

Don't think I have ever asked anyone to participate in one of these meme thingies and really, any of you can have a go, but oddly two people's name come to my mind. Go on Jahteh and Mutant.

12 comments:

  1. I'll send Tim over as soon as possible.

    Can I come to? I probably won't be that useful to you. But maybe I can wash dishes or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Is this a meme?"

    Strictly speaking no, because a meme is an unintentional, subconscious idea or term that is quickly passed through any social grouping without said social grouping realising it.

    What you have here is a questionaire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Z- Mia would say they are MIA Cats, LOL..named after her of course..and you just have to believe her when she says it right, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brussel Sprouts speak so highly of you, though :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coincidently I cooked brussel sprouts for dinner last night - tossed with freshly roasted chestnuts with lashings of butter, salt'n'pepper. Manna of the gods.

    (Though I do realise that the greatest divide in the world today is not Christians vs Muslims, but rather brussel sprout haters and brussel sprout lovers.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheers Dina. Course you can come.

    And cheers Brian. It has gone in one ear and out the other.

    Indeed she would Cazzie. She probably feels a connection to them.

    Miniaturized bitter cabbage Jayne.

    See LS, you have to add all sorts of things to them to make them edible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Damn you Andrew - Damn you, damn you, damn you. Maybe the chore I don't like is doing these things, but I've done it anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So I read Mutant. C'mon, it was a pretty easy one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yea, I do verily love a meme but don't expect commonsense.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are exciting me now Jahteh. What will you say?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I know what Jahteh will put down for her Mum's name...don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  12. It won't be pretty MC.

    ReplyDelete