Friday, April 10, 2009

Middle Park Beach

We were at Middle Park Beach a week or so ago, one of our last hot days. I wondered what would happen if I pointed the camera directly at the sun and clicked. I quite like the effect. In the distance can be seen Kerferd Road Pier, further back, West Gate Bridge and in the centre is the smoke stack for the Newport Power Station. Most of our electric comes from burning dirty moisture sodden brown coal, but if we get a bit short of the old electric, the gas fired Newport can quickly be brought online.

8 comments:

  1. I think the photo is beautiful. Is the beach near Melbourne?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I quite like the effect."

    Ditto. My camera would have just melted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's in Middle Park, an inner-suburb of Melbourne, Dina. Good effect, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As Reuben says Dina, directly south from us and about 5 mins drive, but we rarely go there.

    I was nearly melting Brian. It was much warmer that we thought it would be, even though late in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reuben and Andrew,

    Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice shot :)
    What is that big,bright, burning ball in the sky? The one they keep claiming can't generate enough electricity to sustain Melb households?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jayne, I finally understand how the feed in tariff works in Victoria. Not a great advantage to generate your own power as the power companies are being protected by the state gov.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Exactly, Andrew ;)
    Not such a silly conspiracy theory after all, hey ? lol

    ReplyDelete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.